Monday, November 28, 2011

Golden Afternoon

Webster's Pages products are fabulous, high quality papers with intricate hand drawn accents. My favorite use of WP scraps is fussy cutting. I have envelopes of fussy cut flowers, leaves, and other motifs from my favorite pages. Creative Scrappers sketch # 182 left plenty of room for fussy cut designs. I rifled through my pics and found these adorable images of my sweet girl, picking cherries.

The sketch called for a rectangular shape behind the photos. I choose Pacifica blue ink and blocked out the aproximate shape with a peacock feather stamp (CTMH). The die cut from WP Country Estates fit the sketch perfectly. I traced it onto the base paper (Dream Street Papers) and used my gold paint dabber (Ranger) to smudge out the pencil marks.



The lovely house on this die cut seemed the perfect place to add fussy cut flowers. After inking the edges of the die cut I cut around the top edge of the house with a craft knife. I inked the newly cut edges and  adhered the pictures (matted with vellum) behind the roof line. Then I fussy cut, inked, and finger crimped several roses. After adhering them in a tightly packed line I used Stickles to outline their edges. 


My Lori reminds me of Alice in Wonderland in her dress and blond hair. The title was a play on that feeling. I used Thickers for the title. Those crazy alphas never stay on long enough so I stitched them down. Having a thing for twine, I used some blue Jillibean Soup twine to wrap my photos and tie around the title. For the final touch I inked the edges of my LO and called it good.

Here's the sketch I used:

Thanks for looking!!!

~charity becker~





No comments:

Post a Comment