Saturday, December 10, 2011

Choke Cherries

It has been dreary and cold these last few days. I'm ready for something bright and warm. In defiance of the weather I cooked up this sunny Layout.

gather ye Choke Cherries while ye may


Lots of fun details on this one. I started with a Sketchy Thursdays sketch http://www.sketchythursdays.blogspot.com/ and the WP Country Estate collection. I pulled out some silhouettes I'd cut using the Nursery Rhymes Cricut cartridge and used them as masks. I misted over my masks with Tattered Leather, Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. While that was drying I fussy cut nearly a full page of hydrangea blooms to serve as a backdrop for my photos then inked and finger crimped their edges. I punched and inked a border strip for the base of the photos. Then I wove lace into the border strip and bunched it "strategically".
Once the misting was dry I cut a slit above my masked figures with a craft knife and began assembling my page. First I adhered the base of the photos, then the border/lace strip. Finally I began layering the hydrangea blossoms behind the photos.
I cut a paper flower in half and with the help of Black Diamond stickles I had 2 butterflies. I found some pink flowers that echoed the colors in my photos and adhered them between the silhouettes. Finally I stitched vines for my Sweet Peas. After inking the edges of the L/O base I added the title. The entire page took me about an hour. Yep, I had too much caffeine before starting!

~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment