Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Funny Little Bug

When my daughter was born, a dear friend of mine sent a roll of black and white film and a sweet picture frame. In her card she claimed what every baby needs is a photo shoot with black and white film. Life has a way of delaying things and we didn't get her pictures done till she was nearly two. But for the said photo shoot we put her in a ladybug costume and let her "frolic" around the yard. These pictures were perfect for this weeks Sketchy Thursdays challenge. Found here: http://sketchythursdays.blogspot.com/2011/12/1201-sketch.html


In October I purchased some delightful Bo Bunny, Welcome Home and Et Cetera from a fabulous boutique in Rapid City, SD. Stacy is the proprietor of Altered Art and Scrap Playground and is living out her dream, by enabling all us scrapbookers in our addiction. I've been dying to use these yummy papers and finally quit hoarding them and got out the trimmer.



Of course, being me, I had to deviate from the sketch. I choose Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and a pair of "buggy" masks to embellish the corners. I included a 'frame' cut from one of my sheets and 'sheet music' cut from another. After the Dragonfly glimmer mist, very little detail seemed necessary so I inked the edges, added wooden buttons with twine and adhered it to a patterned paper from EK Success. Cosmo Cricket tiny type and AC Thickers finished up the title for me. The final touches were stitching the frame to the base page and tying twine over the title.

Check out Stacy's blog for ideas and like the Altered Art and Scrap Playground on facebook!
http://www.scrapandplay.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/scrapandplay?sk=wall


~charity becker~

2 comments:

  1. Stunning page. Love the distressing and the layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful layout!!!
    Love your mist work and tying up a black twine to a title.
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete