Friday, May 25, 2012

Botanicabella ATC's

~ Live Fully~

Botanicabella, yesterdays 10 a.m. deal at Scrapbook Steals, has so many detailed papers in the collection that ATC's were a snap to make. I cut out a few rectangles, inked, stickled, or twined and called it good.
~ Butterflies ~
Of the three ATC's this was the most difficult because I applied several colors of ink to each of the butterflies. I used Color Box petal inks which are triangle shaped. Instead of getting out an applicator and following inking protocol, I just used the tip of the triangle to add the color. I then inked the butterfly paper, the ATC paper, and the title strip. Then using a CTMH stamp I added my sentiment. After assembling the card I pierced holes and tied MME twine.
~ Dragonfly ~
The dragonfly is embellished with Lagoon and Black Diamond stickles. Before spreading the stickles I used a craft knife to slit the upper edge of the wings, then I bent the slit edge upward. This ATC is edged distressed with Color Box ink and has a CTMH sentiment. The twine is from The Twinery, but the tieing technique is a little more difficult than the butterfly ATC. I used a single strip of twine, wrapped it around the top, tied it to itself; wrapped the middle, tied it to itself; and then wrapped it around the bottom and tied it to itself.
~Sunflowers~

The Sunflower ATC was a breeze. I inked the various parts of the flower using Color Box ink, stamped the CTMH sentiment directly onto the card, then inked all edges and assembled.
Visit my blog tomorrow for detailed photos of the Hexagon Wall Hanging and explenations of the techniques used.

~charity becker~




1 comment:

  1. when i saw this steal, i immediately thought of you. love the ATCs, especially the butterfly one!

    ReplyDelete