Saturday, May 26, 2012

Garden Girls

During my Thursday stint as a guest designer at Scrapbook Steals I left you with a teaser of this crazy detailed project made from Graphic 45's Botanicabella paper pack. I tried to use a variety of techniques to show off this fabulous paper and the Graphic 45 Staples accesories. It would take a larger format then this blog to get a good look at this project as a whole, so I'll spend the next week displaying each individual hexagon. I'll give a list of products used and details on techniques.
For the title and center piece of my wall hanging I cut a hexagon shape from the back cover of the paper pad. The cover material is stronger and better suited for wear and tear. I set 12 carefully measured eyelets for attaching the various hexagons. Because the cover paper is glossy I sanded the surface where I planned on adding ink. Then I used this technique for adding dimension.
I trimmed the left edge of my inked line with a craft knife. Then I punched shapes from a variety of papers, inked them, and slipped them behind the title. I added bits of Graphic 45 Staples Ribbon and a tag from the die cut page. The title is stiched on using crochet thread.
For the title hexagon I used CTMH ink, EK Success punches, and Lagoon Stickles. The Eyelets are Making Memories and the Alpha is G-45 Staples.
Check back next week for detailed pictures of each of the hexagons in the Garden Girls wall hanging.
~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment