Monday, July 7, 2014

Have Turtle, Will Travel

Paper Girls Challenge #59
Red, White, and Blue 
 The single page sketch in SG Create March issue was so square and exact it had me coloring outside the lines from the get-go. I knew right away I wanted photos with lots of "awwwwww" appeal but simple color schemes. These photos of my youngest two children's train ride were just the ticket.
 ~ Have Turtle, Will Travel ~
To allow more room for the strong colors of my washi tape I chose kraft paper for my background.
I started by laying strips of washi on the kraft paper, then I misted with London Blue Dylusions, added modeling paste, and dripped Postbox Red Dylusions over it all.
I used the very necessary drying time between layers to cut my black frame and title card as well as punch my banner pieces.
I'm super thrilled with the opportunity to use my travel washi tape.
It is definitely time to quit hoarding and start using!!!
 
Supplies:
Paper:DCWV, Recollections, Darice
Ricrac, Tickets:Stash
Gems:Recollections
Wood Pieces:Prima
Stencil:The Crafters Workshop
Mist:Ranger
Chevron Ribbon:May Arts
Twine:The Twinery
Washi Tape:Crafty Steals, Target, Anrich, MME
Corner/Border Punches:Kreaxions #902, #909, and #910
 
~charity~
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment